“This recipe is a family favorite for many years. I modified the original recipe and made some changes. Add the lemon juice, grated onion, and dill seeds. Finally, fry in butter. It is said to be a “Recipe to Die For” by my friends. It was delicious cold straight from the can, and we would! It must be our Finnish heritage.”
This salmon patties recipe was a hit with us. This recipe is super simple to make, which is always a plus. The patties are enhanced with fresh vegetables that add some flavor and texture. This recipe is perfect for salmon lovers. It is so delicious that no one will guess it was canned. We enjoyed the buttery crust and delicious flavor. Scarlett offered several options for serving. We chose fresh lemon with a bit of dill. Yum!
Cook time: 20 Min
Prep time: 10 Min
1 can salmon, 14.75 oz
1/3 c bread crumbs
2 green onions, chopped
1/4 c chopped celery
1/4 c mayonnaise
1 egg, beaten
4 Tbsp butter, for frying
lemon and dill, for garnish
1. Drain salmon. Remove bones and skin.
2. In a large bowl combine salmon, bread crumbs, onion, celery, mayonnaise, and beaten egg.
4. Shape into 4 even-sized patties. Two for dinner. And two the next day for a salmon burger. Condiments of your choice.
5. In a large saute pan, melt butter on low.
6. Add salmon patties.
7. Cook on medium until golden brown on each side and cooked through.
8. I like to serve a patty with boiled, and cut up cooked potatoes, a hard-boiled egg, cream gravy, and my Candied Crunchy Dill Pickles on the side. Sprinkle a little dill seed and a splash of lemon juice on the patties.
9. My mom and dad.