Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 20mins | Total: 40 mins | Servings: 24 | Yield: 24 muffins
This recipe is everything you want for your muffin, it’s moist, dense, bursting with flavors, and topped with a tasty streusel. My family, especially my children, loves and enjoys these muffins so much that I make it every weekend. Also, I get a lot of positive comments whenever I serve these muffins during a gathering and special occasions. Try this recipe for Skinny Pumpkin Spice Muffins with Walnut Streusel, and don’t forget to share and enjoy it with your family and friends.
For the Muffins:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- (1) (15 oz) can of pumpkin puree
- (3) eaches egg whites
- (1) egg
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For the Streusel:
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp butter, diced
- 2 tbsp oats
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 12-cup muffin tins.
- Add and sift whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine pumpkin puree, egg whites, and egg in a large bowl, beat with an electric mixer until combined. Mix in white sugar, brown sugar, olive oil, and vanilla extract. Then add flour mixture slowly to the pumpkin mixture, stirring until just combined. Fill prepared muffin cups a little more than 1/2 full with batter.
- Combine brown sugar, diced butter, oats, walnuts, and flour for the streusel in a small bowl. Use a fork or your hands to combine until the mixture resembles rough crumbs. Then divide crumbs evenly amongst the muffin cups.
- Bake until tops spring back when lightly pressed in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
- You can add powdered sugar mixed with milk on top for a touch of sweetness if you want.
Per Serving: 166.3 calories; fat 5.3g 8% DV; cholesterol 9.4mg 3% DV; sodium 199.4mg 8% DV; protein 3g 6% DV; carbohydrates 28.1g 9% DV.