Prep time: 30 mins | Cooking: 25 mins | Total: 55 mins | Servings: 48 | Yield: 4 dozen cookies
These Salted Caramel Pecan Cookies are the real deal. The combination of caramel and pecans is outstanding. I always thank whoever made this recipe because I can enjoy two of my favorite snacks in one food. It is so chewy and delicious.
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- (2) large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup chopped toasted pecans
- (44) caramel candies
- 6 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- (1) pinch coarse sea salt
- (1) (6 oz) bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven at about 350 degrees F ( 175degrees C). Prepare 3 to 4 baking sheets by lining it with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, add and beat the butter and sugar using an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Add and beat in vanilla extract. Turn the mixer’s speed to low and beat in flour and 1/2 tsp of salt. Press the dough in the plastic wrap; roll into 1 1/12 inch balls.
- In a dish, place beaten eggs, then put pecans in another dish. Dip the dough balls into the eggs and roll in pecans one at a time. Place the dredge balls on the prepared baking sheets; press your thumb into the center of each ball.
- In a preheated oven, bake it for 10 minutes. Press each of the cookies again with a spoon. Place it back to the oven and continue baking until it turns golden, for 10 more minutes. Let it cool on the wire racks.
- In a saucepan, combine caramels and heavy cream over low heat. Cook until caramels melt and the mixture is smooth for 4 to 6 minutes, stirring constantly. Spoon mixture into the thumbprints of the cookies and sprinkle sea salt.
- In the microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips for 15-second intervals, stirring after each melting, for 1 to 3 minutes. Stir in oil, then drizzle chocolate over the cookies.
Rewarm the caramel as it hardens before filling all the cookies.
Per Serving: 176.4 calories; 26.2 mg cholesterol; 58.6 mg sodium; 2 g protein; 20.8 g carbohydrates.