Prep. time: 25 mins | Cooking: 49 mins | Total: 1 hr 14 mins | Servings: 10 | Yield: 1 9×13 inch servings
A Sausage Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole is perfect when first thing in the morning, you need to feed a crowd. In a casserole dish, layer sausage, eggs, and hashbrowns are fried, topped with cheese, and baked to a gooey golden brown. Serve with a fresh fruit salad (or kabobs for quick serving) and keep the coffee (or mimosas) coming in! This perfect, no-fuss breakfast casserole will start the day right. It is a very accommodating recipe, and you can change it according to your choice or what you have at hand.
- (1) serving cooking spray
- 2 pounds hot breakfast sausage
- 1 (2 lbs) package frozen hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (7 oz) can green chile peppers
- (8) large eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven at about 175 degrees C (350 degrees F). Grease a 9×13 inches baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage. Stir occasionally until no longer pink, for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Cook and mix hash browns into the same skillet until browned lightly, around 8 minutes. In the baking dish, put the hash browns; top with sausage, shredded Cheddar cheese, and green chile peppers.
- In a cup, whisk the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Pour the hash brown mixture over it.
- In the preheated oven, bake uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes until bubbly, and the top is golden brown.
The best thing about this casserole dish is that you can prepare them the day before and make them. Just put it in the fridge and let it sit, it will be ready once you wake up the next day.
With this recipe, the sky’s the limit. Use any sort of fried (or smoked) sausage. Swap it off from last night’s tacos for turkey sausage, ham, bacon, or even leftover ground beef.
Per Serving: 480.5 calories; 228.3 mg cholesterol; 1516.1 mg sodium; 26.6 g protein; 20.7 g carbohydrates