Jalapeno Bacon Cheddar Deviled Eggs, A spin on an old classic. Deviled eggs with the addition of savory bacon, delicious Cheddar, and spicy jalapeno.
Prep: 20 mins Cook: 25 mins Total: 1 hr Additional: 15 mins Servings: 24 Yield: 24 deviled eggs
- 12 eggs
- 4 slices bacon
- 3 jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 pinch paprika, or as desired
- Place eggs in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 15 minutes. Remove eggs from hot water, cool under cold running water, and peel.
- Place bacon in a large skillet; cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon on paper towels; crumble when cool enough to handle.
- Remove seeds and stems from jalapenos; mince 1 pepper and slice remaining peppers into very thin strips; set aside.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise; place yolks in a bowl. Mash egg yolks with a fork; stir in minced jalapeno, Cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, red onion, and mustard.
- Place egg whites cut-side up on a serving platter. Spoon yolk mixture into egg white halves; sprinkle with crumbled bacon and paprika.
Per Serving: 87 calories; 7.2 g total fat; 101 mg cholesterol; 133 mg sodium. 0.7 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein