This is the time of year where the days start to cool down and we tend to bake more. I love these cinnamon rolls because they’re easy to make and they freeze well.
The kids can take one out of the freezer in the morning and it’s thawed by the time lunch rolls around at school. Convenient and delicious snacks are a must have for the school season.
Once you make these once you’ll be making them all the time, its easier then it looks and they’re great for bake sales, parties, or to eat at home.
This classic cinnamon rolls recipe is always a hit. They’re especially nice for holiday mornings and weekends. Take a pan of these along to the office or to a morning meeting and you’ll be the designated hero.
Grandma’s Cinnamon Rolls
I love these cinnamon rolls because they’re easy to make. The kids can take one out of the freezer in the morning and it’s thawed by lunch.
3 Cups flour
1/4 Cup sugar
2 Tbsp baking powder
1 Tsp salt
1/3 Cup shortening
1 1/2 Cup milk
4-5 Tbsp cinnamon
2 Cups brown sugar
3/4 Cup butter softened
1. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and shortening with your hands.
2. In a separate bowl mix the egg and milk.
3. Make a hole in the center of the dry ingredients.
4. Pour the liquid ingredients in and mix together with a spoon.
5. Once it’s mixed put on a floured countertop.
6. Roll to to 1/4 of an inch thick.
7. Spread softened butter over the top.
8. Cover butter with brown sugar and sprinkle cinnamon over top, if you need to use more then the suggested cinnamon that’s ok.
9. Roll dough up tight.
10. Cut approximately 1/2 inch thickness and place on greased cookie sheet or parchment paper.
12. Bake at 400 for for 12-15 minutes. Cool on rack.