- 1lb Chicken Breast (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1lb Smoked Sausage (kielbasa, farmers sausage, garlic sausage, etc)
- 1lb Shrimp, raw and shells removed (I left tails on for more flavor)
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Green pepper, diced
- 1 Hot pepper, (jalapeno, serrano, scotch bonnet, habanero, etc) (optional!!!)
- 3 ribs Celery, diced
- 1 can Diced tomatoes (28 oz)
- 3 tsp Garlic, minced
- 2 C Chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. Cajun spice (or more if you prefer)
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 1/3 C Rice (cooked)
1. Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker, except for the shrimp and the rice.
2. Cook on low for 6 – 7 hours, stirring occasionally
3. In last hour of cooking, salt the shrimp lightly, and then add them to the crock pot
4. In the last half hour of cooking, add the rice and stir. Replace cover. You want the rice just to warm through and take on some of the cooking flavors.
5. Serve with crusty bread, and enjoy!