There’s a lot to love about pie. It’s a wholesome dessert that -for most of us- is about comfort and tradition as much as it is about taste. There are endless variations and you can make it for just about any occasion… but mostly, it’s just plain good. Truth be told, there’s not a lot that stops us from wanting to make it every day, except maybe the crust. With the rolling and chilling and blind baking, pie crust can often seem like a hassle, when all you want is a quick and satisfying dessert. But the Crazy Crust Pie solves that problem.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 can (21 oz) fruit pie filling (apple, cherry, peach, blueberry, blackberry, etc.)
- Sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a 9-inch pie plate. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer until smooth. Add egg and mix, and then flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add milk gradually, mixing until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pie plate and pour pie filling into the center of batter. (Don’t let it spread out further than 1-inch from the edge.)
- Sprinkle top evenly with sugar and bake until edges are browned and dough is set, 35-40 minutes.