Recently, I sat down on the couch for family movie night and we all instantly agreed that something sweet was in order. I didn’t want to delay the movie by starting a lengthy cookie or cake project but I definitely agreed that we needed something sugary to snack on, so I did a quick search for something fast and sweet. And I found these. Somewhere between a chocolate chip cookie bar and a gooey blondie, these delicious Pan Chewies were in the oven before the opening credits were over, no pause button needed. They’re that easy. And oh my, are they good.
These take literally five minutes or less to mix up. You start with melted butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and one egg that you stir together before adding in some flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Serves 12; 5 minutes prep, 25 minutes cook time
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9×9-inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together melted butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and egg until well combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda and stir to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pour into prepared pan. Bake 20-25 minutes. Enjoy!