1 hour to prepare serves 4-6
- 2 pounds Vidalia onions, sliced
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large, oven-proof pan or skillet over medium heat. Add onions, season with salt and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes, or until softened and caramelized.
- Add balsamic vinegar and cook for another 3-5 minutes or until darkened, but not burned.
- Remove onions from heat and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Heat remaining olive oil in skillet and raise heat to medium-high.
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, thyme and sage, then place in skillet and sear on both sides until golden brown. Remove chicken from heat and set aside.
- Pour beef broth into skillet and bring mixture to a boil, scraping up stuck bits from the bottom of pan.
- Return heat to medium-low and whisk in flour, stirring until smooth. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until mixture has thickened. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Return chicken and onions to pan, stir together with beef gravy, then top with grated swiss cheese.
- Transfer skillet to oven and cook until cheese is melted and bubbly, and chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and serve hot. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr 15 mins | Additional Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 40 mins | Servings: 6 | Yield: 6 servings
The best-roasted chicken ever! I am so glad that I decided to give this recipe a try because I never would have tasted how awesome this is. With a very minimal set of ingredients, you will have the perfect meal! I usually serve this with mashed potatoes or steamed rice. By the way, make sure to baste the chicken with the drippings because it’s the best part of this recipe. Feel free to add more ingredients. If you want, you can add chilli or more pepper to give the chicken an extra kick!
1 (3 pound) whole chicken, giblets removed
salt and black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon onion powder, or to taste
½ cup margarine, divided
1 stalk celery, leaves removed
Step 1: Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
Step 2: Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and place it in a roasting pan.
Step 3: Sprinkle onion powder and 3 tablespoons of margarine.
Step 4: Add dollops of the rest of the margarine around the chicken.
Step 5: Slice the celery into 4 pieces and put them into the chicken cavity.
Step 6: Place inside the preheated oven and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until done.
Step 7: Remove from the oven and let it sit on a flat surface.
Step 8: Baste the chicken with the drippings and margarine.
Step 9: Cover the chicken with aluminium foil and let it sit for 30 minutes.
Step 10: Serve and enjoy!
Per Serving: 423 calories; protein 30.9g 62% DV; carbohydrates 1.2g; fat 32.1g 49% DV; cholesterol 97mg 32% DV; sodium 661.9mg 27% DV.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 1 hr
Total Time: 1 hr 10 mins
Yield: 6 Servings
This recipe has always been a part of my family since I was a little kid. I remember my Grandma used to make this all the time! Now, I get to share it with you which is awesome because I believe that everyone must taste how delicious this breakfast casserole is! I have listed all the things you will be needing so you just have to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Have a blessed day, friends. Enjoy!
2 pounds hot breakfast sausage
1 (30-32ounces) bag frozen tater tots
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1-1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c mozzarella cheese
2 c milk
Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
Apply cooking spray in a 9×13-inch baking pan.
Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
Add the sausage, then cook until crumbly and brown. Discard any excess grease.
In a mixing bowl, add the brown sausage, cheeses, and tater tots. Toss until well combined.
Transfer the mixture into the prepared baking pan and spread it evenly.
In another mixing bowl, add the eggs, milk, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well mixed.
Pour the mixture into the bowl with the tater tots mixture. Stir until just mixed.
Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about an hour or until done.
Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes at room temperature.
Serve and enjoy!
Think ambrosia… but with a little twist.
When it comes to retro recipes, it’s not uncommon to come across one that seems a little, well… odd. And this one might strike you that way as soon as you read the name. Frog Eye Salad?! Luckily, there are no actual frog eyes involved, just a handful of ingredients that make for a sweet and creamy dessert salad that’s plenty nostalgic but still has its place in the present day.
Prep time: 10m
Cook time: 20m
12 oz acini de pepe pasta
2 (20 oz each) cans pineapple tidbits, drained and juice reserved
1 (20 oz) can mandarin oranges, drained
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
1 cup mini marshmallows
8 oz cool whip, thawed
In a large pot of salted boiling water, prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside to cool.
To a large mixing bowl, add the drained mandarin oranges and pineapple tidbits. Set aside.
In a medium saucepan, combine 1 3/4 cup of the reserved pineapple juice and the granulated sugar. Whisk over medium heat until dissolved.
Add beaten eggs and flour. Heat mixture to 170°F, whisking constantly. Mixture will thicken to a custard consistency after 10-20 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
Once cool, add to bowl with fruit. Add marshmallows and coconut and stir to combine. Cover and chill at least 6 hours and preferably overnight.
When ready to serve, stir in the cool whip. Top with additional coconut and marshmallows if desired. Enjoy!
There’s a lot to love about pie. It’s a wholesome dessert that -for most of us- is about comfort and tradition as much as it is about taste. There are endless variations and you can make it for just about any occasion… but mostly, it’s just plain good. Truth be told, there’s not a lot that stops us from wanting to make it every day, except maybe the crust. With the rolling and chilling and blind baking, pie crust can often seem like a hassle, when all you want is a quick and satisfying dessert. But the Crazy Crust Pie solves that problem.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 can (21 oz) fruit pie filling (apple, cherry, peach, blueberry, blackberry, etc.)
- Sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a 9-inch pie plate. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer until smooth. Add egg and mix, and then flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add milk gradually, mixing until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pie plate and pour pie filling into the center of batter. (Don’t let it spread out further than 1-inch from the edge.)
- Sprinkle top evenly with sugar and bake until edges are browned and dough is set, 35-40 minutes.
1 package cream cheese, softened
16 oz of vanilla yogurt
1 (8 oz) tub of cool whip, Thawed
1 (3½ ounce) package cheesecake flavor instant pudding or pie filling mix
½ bag of miniature marshmallows
3 pints strawberries, sliced
4 bananas, sliced
1 container raspberries (optional)
In a bowl, mix cream cheese, yogurt, pudding and cool whip until creamy.
Stir in marshmallows.
Fold in fruit.
Garnish with additional fruit.
- 4 Eggs
- 4 oz. Cream cheese
- ¼ c. Grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ c. Heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp. Oregano
- ½ tsp. Minced garlic
- 2 c. Shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 1 c. Parmesan cheese shredded
- ½ c. Low carb pizza sauce
- Toppings of your choosing
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine 4 oz of cream cheese and 4 eggs. Beat until completely
smooth and creamy.
3. Add in the grated Parmesan cheese, heavy whipping cream, oregano and minced garlic. Stir until combined well.
4. In the bottom of a greased 9×13 baking dish, spread out 1 cup of shredded Parmesan and 1 cup of the shredded Mozzarella cheese evenly.
5. Pour the egg mixture over top of the cheese, and smooth it out.
6. Place the baking dish into the oven, and bake for 30 minutes.
7. Remove the baking dish from the oven, and layer ½ cup of low carb pizza sauce over the top.
8. Place any toppings that you would like in your pizza casserole on top of the sauce.
9. Layer another cup of mozzarella cheese on top of the casserole.
10. Top with additional toppings if desired.
11. Place the casserole under the broiler in the oven until the top is browned and
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
I love how simple this recipe is. You will surely love every bite of these juicy chicken pieces! You have got to give this one a try, I’m telling you! Feel free to add more ingredients if you wish. Have a beautiful day, friends. Enjoy!
2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts – cut in half lengthwise and pounded to an even thickness to make four cutlets
2 large eggs, beaten + 1 tbsp water
1 c flour
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp smoked paprika – regular is fine if you don’t have smoked
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ c vegetable oil
Honey Garlic Sauce:
½ c honey
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp corn starch + 3 tbsp cold water
Place a saucepan on the stove, then add soy sauce, honey, and garlic. Stir until well blended.
Turn the heat to medium and allow the mixture to boil.
In a mixing bowl, add cold water and cornstarch. Stir until well mixed.
Pour the cornstarch into the pan and stir until well blended and thick.
Remove the pan from the heat.
In a mixing bowl, add flour, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well mixed.
In another mixing bowl, add 1 tbsp of water and eggs. Whisk until well mixed.
Dip each chicken slice into the egg wash, then into the flour mixture. Make sure to coat them well.
Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
Add oil and allow it to become hot.
Add the chicken pieces and cook each side for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
Add the fried chicken slices into the bowl with the honey garlic sauce and toss until well coated.
Serve hot and enjoy!
Calories: 527kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 154mg | Sodium: 484mg | Potassium: 539mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 35g | Vitamin A: 608 IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 3mg