Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 25 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
My kids love chicken so much, thus I have to make sure to always find a way to dress up our chicken in a fun, delicious way. I have tons of chicken recipes, and I have a new addition. My family immediately enjoys these baked chicken breasts for great reasons! Flavorful, juicy, and tender chicken breasts that you can throw together easily and quickly. All you need are a few pantry ingredients to make this. Just make sure to generously coat the chicken breasts with the seasoning for maximum flavour! This recipe is one of the easiest chicken recipes you’ll ever have. A fool-proof recipe that guarantees the best weeknight chicken meal! Serve these best-baked chicken breasts with your favourite side dishes like rice, leafy greens, etc. Leftovers are amazing, too! Slice them and serve them on bowls, salads, or tacos. My favourite is to add them into stir fry with carrots, broccoli, bell pepper, along with your favourite vegetables for a quick meal any time!
1 tbsp olive oil, or avocado oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp kosher salt
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp dried thyme, oregano, parsley, or other herbs
1 tsp paprika
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST BAKED CHICKEN BREAST
Step 1: Prepare the oven. Preheat it to 220 degrees C or 425 degrees F.
Step 2: Add thyme, garlic powder, salt, paprika, and pepper in a small bowl. Mix well until blended.
Step 3: Lightly rub the chicken breasts with olive oil., then generously coat all sides with the seasonings.
Step 4: Arrange the chicken breasts into the prepared baking dish. Place in the preheated oven and bake the chicken breasts for about 25 minutes or until done.
Step 5: Remove from the oven and allow the chicken to rest at room temperature to incorporate all the flavours.
Step 6: Serve with your favourite side dishes. Enjoy!
CALORIES: 163kcal, CARBOHYDRATES: 1g, PROTEIN: 24g, FAT: 7g, SATURATED FAT: 1g, CHOLESTEROL: 72mg, SODIUM: 713mg, POTASSIUM: 430mg, FIBER: 1g, SUGAR: 1g, VITAMIN A: 280iu, VITAMIN C: 1mg, CALCIUM: 6mg, IRON: 1mg
For decades I called this my birthday salad. Every year for as long as I can remember that is when we served it. My mother’s recipe was enough different than mine that I can call it my own, but I can’t make this without thinking of her. Thanks, mama!
- 3 c elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 box baby peas, frozen (about 3 cups)
- 1 can solid white tuna packed in water (large family size can)
- 5 oz cheddar cheese, cubed
- 2 Tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 red onion
- 3 – 4 celery stalks
- 1 c real mayonaise
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cook macaroni according to package directions.
2. Place frozen peas in a colander and run warm water over them to thaw; then drain well.
3. When macaroni is done, rinse well in cold water to cool.
4. Place all ingredients in a very large mixing bowl. Mix well.
5. Chill, then serve.
- 1/2 cup butter, cold
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- lemon juice to make soft glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 x 8 pan with foil, lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Cut together butter, flour and powdered sugar until mixture resembles coarse meal and press into an even layer into prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Mix together sugar, flour and baking powder. Add in eggs, lemon juice and lemon rind.
- Pour over hot, baked crust and bake for 20-25 minutes or until edges are golden brown and mixture is set.
- Mix together powdered sugar and enough lemon juice to make a glaze soft enough to drizzle over lemon bars while they are still warm. Glaze, let cool then cut into squares.
Prep Time: 1 hr | Cook Time: 40 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 40 mins
The best cake you will ever have is less than 2 hours from achieving! Try this recipe now and prepare to fall in love! With this very simple set of ingredients, you will surely have the treat to remember! Feel free to modify this recipe to your liking. Have a blessed day, friends. Enjoy!
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup cocoa
1 cup buttermilk ( or 1 tbsp vinegar to 1 cup milk, let sit for an hour)
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup boiling water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 package chocolate chips (6 oz.)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup chopped nuts, optional
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Apply cooking spray in a 9×13-inch baking pan.
3. In a mixing bowl, add flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Whisk until well combined.
4. Add oil, boiling water, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla. Beat until well mixed.
5. Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
6. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting it in the middle.
7. Place a saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
8. Add milk, butter, corn syrup, and sugar. Stir until well mixed, then allow the mixture to boil for at least 2 minutes.
9. Add the nuts, chocolate chips, and vanilla. Stir until well blended. Make sure that the chocolate chips are melted completely.
10. Sprinkle the miniature marshmallows on top of the cake.
11. Drizzle the icing on top of the marshmallows.
12. Allow the cake to rest for a few minutes at room temperature.
13. Serve and enjoy!
Broccoli salad is so easy to make and perfect for cookouts, potlucks, picnics, or just meals at home. The way the flavors all come together, and the sweet & salty are balanced, makes this salad disappear quickly. My family actually eats fresh vegetables with this salad… willingly and happily!
5-6 cups broccoli florets
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese – the thicker shred, not finely shredded
⅔ cup dried cranberries
½ cup crumbled crispy bacon
½ cup salted sunflower seeds
⅓ cup red onion diced into small pieces
¾ cup mayo – I like to use olive oil mayo.
¼ cup sour cream
1 ½ Tbsp. white wine vinegar
3 Tbsp. sugar
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
Combine broccoli florets, cheddar cheese, dried cranberries, bacon, sunflower seeds, and onion in a large bowl.
In a separate, small bowl, whisk together mayo, sour cream, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper until smooth and well-combined.
Pour dressing over broccoli combination and toss or stir well. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
You can serve Broccoli Salad immediately, but for the best flavor refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
Make sure to toss broccoli salad thoroughly again before serving.
Refrigerate the salad if not serving immediately.
Find an easy pasta salad recipe for your picnic or potluck. More than 470 recipes, including the classic Italian pasta salad.
Meet your new summer bestie:
A stupidly easy Italian pasta salad with rotini, juicy tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, red onion, salami, olives, herbs, and a drench of quick homemade Italian dressing.
Pasta Salad Essentials:
1 pound uncooked pasta – I like rotini!
3 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese balls, cut in half
1 lb. salami or summer sausage, cut into cubes
3/4 cup kalamata olives, sliced
3/4 cup pepperoncini (optional, but do it)
1/2 cup sliced red onion
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Italian Pasta Salad Dressing:
1 1/2 cups olive oil
1/4 cup white vinegar (white vinegar or red wine vinegar work)
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons coarse sea salt (yes, tablespoons – see notes!)
2 cloves garlic (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons each dry oregano and dry basil
black pepper to taste
fresh herbs if you want! sometimes I add fresh parsley, basil, or chives.
Cook pasta according to package directions, in salted water for more flavor. Allow to cool slightly and toss with a little oil to prevent sticking.
Blend up the dressing, or shake together in a jar.
Toss all ingredients together! I like to use about three-fourths of the dressing, and then I save the rest of the dressing to add to my leftovers.
Keep in the fridge for 2-3 days. I think it actually tastes best the day AFTER you make it.
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins | Total Time: 20 mins | Yield: 8 to 10 Servings
This recipe has always been a part of my family since I was a little kid. Every time there was a family gathering, my Grandma always made this potato salad. Oh, man, it was so good all the time! Everyone in the family knows how to make this salad but nothing compares to when Grandma makes it! Anyway, I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Feel free to add more ingredients if you prefer. Have a wonderful day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
5 pounds Idaho potatoes, peel and cubed
1/2 medium onion, chopped fine
5 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
1/4 cup sweet pickle cubes or relish
1/2 cup dill pickle cubes or relish
1 stalk(s) celery, diced, optional
salt and pepper to taste
1.5-2 cups Hellman’s mayonnaise
1.5-2 Tablespoons mustard
paprika, for garnish, optional
1 hard-boiled egg, sliced, for garnish, optional
1. Slice the peeled potatoes into thin cuts.
2. In a 5-quart pot with water, add the potato slices. Make sure to submerge the potatoes.
3. Place it on the stove and turn the heat to medium. Cook the potatoes for about 8 minutes.
4. Drain the potatoes and allow them to cool.
5. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, add the eggs and onion. Stir until well combined.
6. In another mixing bowl, add the celery, pickles, mustard, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper. Stir until well mixed.
7. Mix the potatoes with the eggs and onion. Toss until well combined.
8. Add the mayonnaise mixture and stir until well blended.
9. Add the sliced hard-boiled eggs on top and sprinkle paprika as well.
10. Serve and enjoy!
This magical cake will impress your family and friends!
These look so delicious! This recipe is my favorite, from the vanilla custard filling to the powdered sugar. It’s magic! It is the same batter that’s been poured into a baking pan and baked in the oven. To make a perfect sweetened, creamy custard, the layers are separated. The best thing? It’s so easy to put together!
15m prep time
45m cook time
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted & slightly cooled
- 4 eggs, separated into yolk & egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups milk, lukewarm
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Prepare an 8×8 baking dish by lightly greasing the bottom and sides.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks and powdered sugar until pale yellow. Add in butter and water, beating until evenly combined.
- Mix in the flour and cinnamon until evenly incorporated. Slowly beat in the milk and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Fold in the egg whites (1/3 at a time, then repeat until all of the egg whites are folded in).
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 40-60 minutes (until the cake is barely jiggly in the center). If the top browns too quick before the minimum of 40 minutes, cover the cake with aluminum foil.
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 5 Yield
The name of this dish speaks for itself. It is easy and very comforting! I kid you not. Try this recipe now and you will surely have the best soup today! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you need to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! As perfect as this recipe already is, feel free to add more ingredients if you wish. I am sure that you can do a lot to make this recipe even better! Have a blessed day, friends. Enjoy!
5 tbsp butter
1/2 c celery diced small
1/2 c onion diced small
3 1/2 c (about 2 large) russet potatoes, peeled and diced medium
1/4 c and 1 tbsp (44g) all-purpose flour
1 1/2 c (9 ounces) cooked honey ham, diced medium
2 c milk, (any percentage)
1/4 tsp black pepper
4 c (2 15ounces cans) chicken broth
Put a large pot on the stove, then add the ham, potatoes, onions, celery, and chicken broth. Stir until just mixed.
Turn the heat to high and allow the mixture to boil. Cook for about 15 minutes.
Place a saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
Add butter and allow it to melt.
Add flour, then whisk and cook for about a minute to remove the raw taste.
Add the milk gradually, then stir and cook for about 5 minutes until well blended and thick.
Transfer the flour mixture and milk mixture into the pot, then stir until well blended.
Add salt and pepper to season.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
You can use regular ham for this recipe.
Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then place them inside the freezer. They can last up to 4 months.
- 1½ pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups broccoli florets, steamed
- 1 cup white mushrooms, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ medium onion, minced
- ¼ stick unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp creole seasoning
- 1(15 oz) jar Bertolli® Alfredo Sauce
- In a large pot, boil the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- Heat a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter, shrimp, onions, and mushrooms. Saute shrimp and vegetables, stirring often. Add garlic and dry seasonings after 5 minutes of sauteing.
- After 5 additional minutes of sauteing, add the shrimp and vegetable mixture to the cooked, drained pasta. Add steamed broccoli, alfredo sauce, and any additional dry seasonings to taste. Stir to combine and blend flavors.
- Serve with bread sticks and a garden salad. Garnish with dried parsley and chives.
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 20 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
These chicken thighs smothered in a delicious and creamy sauce are best served over rice or mashed potatoes! The luscious taste of the honey sauce is amazing! It’s safe to say the sauce alone is more than enough to satisfy all your cravings today. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds (0.6 kg) chicken thighs (4 chicken thighs)
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Ground black pepper
HONEY GARLIC SAUCE:
- 3 dashes of cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp sugar or brown sugar
- 3 tbsp water or chicken broth, preferred
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the chicken thighs, then toss until well coated.
- In a mixing bowl, add the cayenne pepper, honey, sugar, soy sauce, and chicken broth. Stir until well blended.
- Press the “Sauté” button on the Instant Pot.
- Add 1 tbsp of cooking oil and allow it to become hot.
- Add the chicken thighs, then sear each side for a few minutes or until they turn brown.
- Add the rest of the cooking oil into the Instant Pot with the chicken thighs.
- Add garlic and sauté for a minute or until aromatic.
- Add the sauce over the chicken thighs, then cover the Instant Pot.
- Press the “Manual” button, then cook the chicken for about 10 minutes on a high setting.
- Do a quick release, then slowly remove the cover.
- Add the chopped parsley, then stir until well mixed.
- Serve the chicken right away with the delicious sauce. Enjoy!
- For this recipe, I used a 6-inch Instant Pot.
- Feel free to use a slow cooker for this recipe. Cook the chicken for about 3 hours on a high setting.
- On the stove, simmer over low heat until the chicken is tender.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 388 | Total Fat 21g | Saturated Fat 7g | Trans Fat 0g | Unsaturated Fat 14g | Cholesterol 199mg | Sodium 794mg | Carbohydrates 17g | Fiber 0g | Sugar 15g | Protein 41g
This fudge is the best we have ever had.
Mackinac Island, Michigan’s Lake Huron is a place of tranquility and nostalgia. You can reach the island by ferry or small plane. It is less than 4 miles long. It is known for its picturesque landscape, charming small-town charm, excellent restaurants and, most importantly, its delicious fudge. Mackinac Island’s fudge is a beloved and loved treat. This is a sweet treat that has been around for over 100 years. Those who have tried it rave about it.
Serves 16-20, depending on size of slices/pieces
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Mix butter, milk, salt, brown and white sugars in a heavy pan on medium heat. Bring to a boil and stir continuously for 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool briefly, then add vanilla, cocoa powder, and confectioner’s sugar. Beat with an electric mixer until fudge is smooth and thick.
- Pour onto a buttered baking pan. When cool enough to touch, use a spatula to help roll mixture into log form, wrap it in plastic wrap and place in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Slice to serve. Enjoy!
¼ teaspoon poultry seasoning
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
⅛ teaspoon ground white pepper
⅛ teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup heavy cream
½ cup milk
1 pound linguine pasta
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ cup white wine
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
8 ounces shrimp
grated Romano cheese (optional)
Step 1 In a small bowl, mix together the poultry seasoning, cayenne pepper, white pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Divide spice mixture in half.
Step 2 In a small skillet, melt butter over low heat. Slowly stir in cream and milk, and 1/2 of spice mixture. Continue cooking over low heat, stirring frequently, until slightly reduced and thickened to desired sauce consistency. Remove from heat, and set aside.
Step 3 Preheat grill to high heat. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, and set aside.
Step 4 In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Carefully stir in wine and remaining
spice mixture. Place chicken breasts in the skillet, and cook for 16 to 20 minutes, or until no longer pink in center and juices run clear. Remove from heat and set aside.
Step 5 Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp on preheated grill for 3 to 4 minutes, or until slightly opaque. Serve each chicken breast on a bed of linguine topped with grilled shrimp. Ladle generously with cream sauce. Garnish with Romano cheese, if desired.